“Come to me, all you who labour and are burdened” is the theme of the World Day of the Sick, to be marked on February 11, 2020.
A Mass will be celebrated by Bishop Bambera for the twenty-eighth World Day of the Sick on Tuesday, February 11, 2020 at 12:10 PM at the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Scranton.
Parishes around the diocese are encouraged to offer a Mass for the Sick that includes the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick either on February 11 or another convenient day near it. Resources for celebrating a Mass with the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick can be found below.
- Message from Pope Francis for the Twenty-Eighth World Day of the Sick
- USCCB Order for the Blessing of the Sick
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Sacrament
- Bulletin insert, in English–helpful for catechesis in preparation for the celebration: Anointing of the Sick: Joined to Christ, Witness to Hope and Healing; click here for this resource in Spanish
- Liturgical Preparation for Masses with Anointing of the Sick
- Resources from the National Association of Catholic Chaplains
- Additional background information could be drawn from The Catechism of the Catholic Church, #’s 1499 – 1532 and Pastoral Care of the Sick, General Introduction, #’s 1 – 37.
Questions? Assistance needed? Please feel free to contact David Baloga in the Office for Parish Life 570-207-2213 or at David-Baloga@dioceseofscranton.org.