Ongoing formation of the Pastoral and Finance Councils is essential. Given the rotation of members on and off the Councils, orientation and continuing formation provides for ongoing growth of individual members and the Councils as a whole.
Council members maturing in their role can provide leadership in important matters like:
- Evaluation of parish vibrancy; deeper parish assessment
- Oversight and continual updating of Parish Pastoral Plan
- Community analysis and more effective data-based collaboration/partnership with neighboring parishes and agencies
- Continuing study and parish-wide emphasis on adult faith formation and ministry skill formation
- Contributions to Diocesan-wide planning for pastoral leadership and parish transitions