The Office for Parish Life is partnering with Center for Ministry Development to provide specialized tracks in ministry formation. The Certificate in Ministry Studies® is a ministry education program for adults in ministry with youth, families and adults, in both parish and school settings. The program includes four online courses and eight in-person courses. These in-person courses are offered in our Diocese over a two year period, at minimal cost to the participants because of funds provided through the Diocesan Annual Appeal.
The Certificate program leads to a Certificate in Youth Ministry Studies OR Certificate in Lifelong Faith Formation. Parishes benefit especially by enrolling coordinators of both ministry areas in the program together.
The Program Schedule for 2019-2020 is as follows:
- September 4, 2019–Online Orientation Meeting with all applicants (offered in the afternoon and evening)
- September 28, 2019 –In-person course #1 – Diocesan Pastoral Center
- Principles of Youth Ministry OR
- Principles and Vision for Lifelong Catechesis
- October 13- November 9, 2019 — First online course: Visioning for Catholic Youth Ministry/Catholic Faith Formation
- February 2020 —- Second online course: Leading Ministry
- March 14, 2020 –In-person course #2—Practice of Ministry (location TBD by participants)
- June 24 & 25, 2020 — In-person courses #3 Foundations for Ministry Leadership and #4 Skills for Christian Leadership
Persons interested in more information and/or to enroll in the Certificate in Ministry Studies should contact Kitty Scanlan at 570-207-2213 or at firstname.lastname@example.org