The Diocese of Scranton has a team of certified natural family planning instructors (CNFPI). They will meet with you one-on-one for instruction. After the initial 2-hour instruction, they will coach you until you are comfortable interpreting your chart.
Please contact someone from the following list directly to make arrangements:
Instructors Approved to Teach in the Diocese of Scranton
- Megan Murphy (570) 954-1059 or (570) 941-8935, anywhere in the diocese
- Tara Murphy , Carbondale/Mid-Valley
- Carol Niewinski (570) 287-4670, Wilkes-Barre/Pittston area
- John and Hayley Michelin (570) 420-1319, Monroe/Pike counties
Training is $45 (includes a basal body thermometer) or $35 if you don’t need the thermometer.
* If you practice Natural Family Planning, and you would like to become an NFP teacher, Couple to Couple League offers NFP online Teacher Training free of charge. Please contact Jennifer Housel, email@example.com, or go to https://ccli.org/do-more/volunteer/teach/ to learn more.
For online instruction options, either live online or self-paced, please visit the Couple to Couple League site: https://ccli.org/learn-nfp-from-ccl/
For Spanish speaking couples: http://aprendepfnenlinea.com
Informative links with listings of pro-life and/or NFP only doctors:
https://www.fertilitycare.org/ (This is specifically for medical professionals trained in NaProTechnology)