- Weekly Eucharistic Adoration hosted by St. Paul Parish, held at St. Clare Church 2235 North Washington Ave., Scranton, PA 18509; daily exposition & adoration of the Holy Eucharist held Monday thru Friday from 4-5pm. With the Rosary recited beginning at 4:30 each day. Special intentions for our country and our world include: A return to God and the Ten Commandments, An end to violence- public, private and in the womb & any other intentions.
- Hosted by St. Matthew Parish, 200 Brodhead Ave., East Stroudsburg; daily exposition & adoration of the Holy Eucharist held Tuesday thru Friday from 12 noon to 6:30 p.m. Chaplet of the Divine Mercy is recited every Friday at 3 p.m.
Bible Study Program
- “The Great Adventure — A Journey Through the Bible,” hosted by St. Monica Parish at Our Lady of Sorrows Church, 363 West 8th, West Wyoming; program offered at 9:45 a.m. in the parish’s lower chapel. Presentations include the history of Biblical stories as part of God’s plan of salvation; God’s six covenants with humanity; 12 major time periods of the Bible; and a practical plan for reading the 14 narrative books of the Bible.
Outdoor Rosary Devotion
- sponsored by the Lay Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary; begins at 7 p.m. at the Fatima Grotto, North Main St., Wilkes-Barre (across from the Holy Cross Retirement Center). Devotion includes recitation of 15 decades of the Holy Rosary.
Weekly Eucharistic Adoration/Holy Hour
- hosted by Holy Spirit Parish at St. Martha Church, 260 Bonnieville Road, Stillwater; exposition of the Blessed Sacrament begins following the 8:30 a.m. Mass. Devotion includes hymn, prayer for an increase in religious vocations, and Novena to St. Martha; silent adoration continues throughout the day from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. A special Holy Hour for Priests is conducted during the first hour on the second or third Tuesday of each month. Rosary, Litany of the Most Precious Blood and intercessory prayers are offered for the sanctity of all priests and an increase in vocations to the priesthood. For more information, call Rebecca and Michael Micca, coordinators, at (570-256-7329).
- hosted at Gate of Heaven Parish, Dallas; devotions held in Gate of Heaven Church, 40 Machell Ave. Silent adoration held from 5 to 6 p.m., followed by music meditation from 6 to 7 p.m. Call the parish office (570-675-2121) for more information.
- hosted at SS. Peter & Paul Church, 1309 W. Locust St., west Scranton; devotion held from 7 to 8 p.m. Eucharistic adoration of the Blessed Sacrament includes prayers for priests and recitation of the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet.
- hosted by Queen of the Apostles Parish, Avoca; adoration held from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at St. Mary Church, 715 Hawthorne St., Avoca. For more information, call the parish rectory (570-457-3412).
Devotions to the Holy Face of Our Lord
- hosted at St. Elizabeth of Hungary Church, Bear Creek; following the 8:30 a.m. Mass at St. Elizabeth’s.
Divine Mercy Devotion
- hosted at St. Lawrence Church, 380 Franklin St., Great Bend; devotions held at 3 p.m. Service includes exposition of the Blessed Sacrament; sung Divine Mercy Chaplet and praises to the Divine Mercy, Rosary recitation, silent meditation, Divine Praises and veneration of the relic of St. Faustina.
- hosted by Holy Family Parish, 828 Main St., Sugar Notch; exposition of the Blessed Sacrament is held following the celebration of the 7:30 a.m. Mass. Exposition/adoration of the Holy Eucharist continues throughout the day until 7 p.m.
- hosted by All Saints Parish in Plymouth; exposition/adoration of the Blessed Sacrament offered throughout the day from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the parish worship site of Nativity of the BVM Church, 66 Willow St., Plymouth.
Novena to St. Joseph
- hosted by the Oblates of St. Joseph at St. Joseph’s Oblate Seminary Chapel, Route 315, Laflin; Novena prayers to St. Joseph and St. Joseph Marello offered following the day’s Masses celebrated at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. Recitation of the Rosary and confessions heard prior to each Mass. For more information, contact the OSJ seminary at (570-654-7542).
‘Flame of Love’ Devotion
- hosted at Queen of Peace Church in Hawley; devotion begins following the celebration of the 9 a.m. Mass. For more information, call Catherine Hansen (570-226-9281).
- hosted at Exaltation of the Holy Cross Church, 420 Main Road, Buttonwood section of Hanover Township; exposition of the Blessed Sacrament held from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon. For more information, call the rectory office (570-823-6242).
- hosted by St. Monica Parish at Our Lady of Sorrows Church, 363 W. 8th, West Wyoming; exposition & adoration of the Blessed Sacrament begins following the celebration of the 12:10 p.m. Mass; adoration continues until 4:30 p.m., followed by the Divine Praises. For more information, call the parish office (570-693-1991).
- hosted by Immaculate Conception Church in the Hill section of Scranton; exposition of the Blessed Sacrament held from 8:30 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. in the church’s adoration chapel.
Holy Hour for Vocations
- hosted by the Little Sisters of the Poor at Holy Family Residence, 2500 Adams Ave., Scranton; begins at 4:30 p.m. in the residence chapel. Holy Hour includes recitation of the Rosary, evening prayer (vespers), and benediction.
Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Prayer Cenacle
- Family Holy Hour of Prayer gathering held at 6 p.m. at St. Mary Magdalen Church, 414 Church St., Honesdale. For more information or a free copy of the “Flame of Love Diary” by Elizabeth Kindelmann, contact MaryAnn Cavanaugh at (570-228-8624) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday Pro-Life Rosary Vigil
- Sponsored by the Catholics Defending Life Prayer & Awareness Team; group gathers every Friday from 1 to 1:30 p.m. at Lackawanna County Courthouse Square, North Washington Ave., in downtown Scranton (weather permitting). Recitation of the Rosary offered, along with pro-life meditations, Divine Mercy Chaplet and other prayer devotions for the respect and dignity of all human life from conception to natural death. Pro-life signs are welcome.
Holy Hour for Vocations
- Hosted by the Little Sisters of the Poor at Holy Family Residence, 2500 Adams Ave., Scranton; begins at 4:30 p.m. in the residence chapel. Holy Hour includes recitation of the Rosary, evening prayer (vespers), and benediction.
- hosted at Queen of Angels Parish in Jessup; exposition & adoration of the Blessed Sacrament held from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Grunick Chapel, located adjacent to the parish worship site of St. Michael Church, 322 First Ave., Jessup.
- hosted by St. Matthew Parish, 200 Brodhead Ave., East Stroudsburg; daily exposition & adoration of the Holy Eucharist held Tuesday thru Friday from 12 noon to 6:30 p.m. Chaplet of the Divine Mercy is recited every Friday at 3 p.m.
Eucharistic Adoration for Vocations
- hosted by St. Ann Church, 1220 Northway Road, Williamsport; weekday adoration of the Blessed Sacrament held Monday through Friday, beginning at 6 a.m. and concluding at 7 p.m., for the special intention of an increase in vocations to the priesthood and religious/consecrated life.