Nativity Place – Scranton
- Located in Lackawanna County, “Nativity Place” is the first Emergency Homeless Shelter for families in Northeastern PA. The First Shelter apartment opened May 2007 in Scranton.
- The Shelter provides furnished apartments for Homeless Families based upon family size. The families are provided intensive family case management services. The families are permitted to reside at the shelter for 30 days. The primary function of the shelter is to provide a safe and suitable living arrangement until permanent suitable and affordable housing can be obtained. Supportive Services will be established upon admission and referrals made to all community services to help stabilize the family unit.
Scranton Office – 570-207-2283
St. Anthony’s Haven – Scranton
- An emergency shelter for homeless men and women is located at 409-411 Olive Street, Scranton. Separate facilities for both sexes are available. It is open 365 days a year – summer and winter hours vary. The Shelter provides a place to sleep and share companionship. Meals, snacks, shower facilities and laundry services are also available.
St. Anthony’s Haven – 570-342-1295
Divine Providence – Hazleton
- Divine Providence is a homeless shelter for both men and women primarily serving southern Luzerne County. It is open 365 days a year and provides a stable and secure place to sleep along with an evening meal, continental breakfast, separate shower and bath facilitates. Case management and supportive services are also provided to assist residents to obtain permanent housing and other services.
Hazleton Office – 570-455-1521
Mother Teresa Haven – Wilkes-Barre
- Mother Teresa Haven provides emergency shelter and supportive services to homeless adult males within Luzerne County. The program utilizes churches and temples throughout Luzerne County on a weekly rotating schedule to provide overnight shelter to this population. Transportation for clients to and from the designated shelter site is provided 7 days a week. Supportive services such as intake and assessment, job search and employment, referrals for transitional and permanent housing and counseling are available.
Mother Teresa Haven – (570) 825-9948.