Requirements for Parish Volunteer:
As per Pennsylvania State Law, volunteers are not allowed to provide service until ALL of their clearances are on file with the Diocese.
- PA State Police Criminal History Check
- PA Child Abuse History Certification
- Volunteer Affidavit If volunteer has lived in Pennsylvania for the previous 10 years OR FBI Federal Check with Fingerprinting if volunteer has NOT lived in Pennsylvania for the previous 10 years SERVICE CODE: 1KG6ZJ
- Signed Code of Pastoral Conduct
- Safe Environment Training
- VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children Program
- VIRTUS Mandated and Ethical Reporter Training
- Click here for instructions on how to register for online training.
Background Checks are valid for FIVE (5) years.
Safe Environment Continued Training is completed on your online VIRTUS account monthly. The first Sunday of every month VIRTUS releases a new monthly bulletin to read and submit an answer to one question.