In order to support the most complete participation of all parishes in the upcoming Anniversary Year observance, the resources listed below are attached here. These documents have also been sent to each Parish Office by email and US Post.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Bishop Bambera’s letter announcing the 150th Anniversary of the Founding of the Diocese of Scranton
- Calendar of Events – highlighting occasions and locations of historical significance around the Diocese
- 150th Anniversary logo – the electronic version of this will be very useful for your bulletin, website, special event programs, correspondence, etc.
- Suggestions for Local Parish Participation – many ideas from which to choose
- Sample Bulletin Cover – creative ways to include the Anniversary message throughout the liturgical seasons of the whole year
- Parish Liturgical Resource – to coincide with the three major pontifical liturgies being celebrated in unity with the Cathedral: December 3, 2017; March 4, 2018; and November 25, 2018
- Response Form for Parish Delegates to the three major liturgies at the Cathedral (Your response for December 3rd is invited at this time – we will send reminders for the two later occasions.)
- Interest Indicator for 150th Anniversary Banner – it is hoped that this banner could mark all Catholic institutions next March, closer to the official anniversary date. At this time we need are seeking “pre-orders” so that we can get discounted bulk pricing.
‘There Is One Body and One Spirit’ Composition