To make it as easy as possible for every Catholic to experience the grace of the Sacrament of Reconciliation during the season of Lent, a noble practice has been set forth in every parish of the Diocese of Scranton. Entitled The Light Is ON for You, this initiative, which has served well in our diocese for several years now, will provide the opportunity for the Sacrament of Reconciliation in all parishes of the Diocese of Scranton at the same time during the weeks of Lent. beginning on Monday, February 22, 2021 of the First Week of Lent and continuing through the last full week of Lent on Monday, March 22, 2021 confessions will be heard on each Monday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. This initiative is not meant to conflict with regional penance services which have become an important component of Lenten practices for many of our most faithful parishioners. Such services will be planned as usual.
Please consider participating as fully as possible in this special opportunity, including members of your family, and any others that you may know who are longing to return to the Catholic faith.
- The Light Is ON for You–Sample Intercessions for the Universal Prayer
- The Light Is ON for You–Pew Cards
- The Light Is ON for You–Parish Checklist for Implementation
- The Light Is ON for You–Prayer Service
- Sample Examinations of Conscience from the USCCB
- The Light Is ON for You logo