Parish Ministers in the Diocese of Scranton are invited to consider participating in either of two course opportunities for ministry enrichment on Saturday September 28, 2019 from 9:00AM-5:00PM at the Diocesan Pastoral Center in Scranton:
“Growing Lifelong Faith Formation” (Joan Weber, Instructor):
This course specifically addresses:
- The foundations and principles for developing effective lifelong catechesis with people of all ages in the parish community
- A vision for catechesis for children, youth, adults, and families, rooted in Church documents and Tradition
- The current context for faith formation in the 21st century
- Models for effective parish catechesis
“Growing in Ministry with Youth” (Tom East, Instructor):
This course specifically addresses
- A vision for comprehensive youth ministry.
- Resources of your community and how they can support and guide youth to discipleship.
- Creative models for effective and dynamic youth ministry.
- Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry (USCCB, 1997).
These workshops are the beginning courses for Certificate in Ministry Studies participants, and can contribute to Ministry Skill Workshop credits for those in the Diocesan Certificate in Lay Ministry.
Each of these courses is part of an eight course curriculum that can lead to a Certificate in Youth Ministry or a Certificate in Lifelong Faith Formation through the Center for Ministry Development. Each course, however, stands alone and can be taken for continuing education or formation without pursuing the Certificate.
Persons interested in more information and/or to enroll in the Certificate in Ministry Studies should contact: Kitty Scanlan 570-207-2213 firstname.lastname@example.org