Diocese of Scranton
Vocation Program Coordinator
The Vocation Program Coordinator (VPC) is a full-time ministry position in the Diocesan Vocation Office. The VPC assists the Diocesan Vocation Director and the Assistant Vocation Directors in the planning and implementation of vocation awareness, discernment, and formation programs.
The VPC will be involved in the following ministries:
- Working with the Diocesan Vocation Director and Vocation Ministry Team to expand current programming and outreach by developing creative new initiatives.
- Coordinating schedules, promotional materials, and correspondence for:
- Regional discernment groups
- Vocation Retreats
- Quo Vadis Days
- Project Andrew Dinner
- Leave a Mark/National Vocation Awareness Week
- World Day of Prayer for Vocations
- Monthly Eucharistic Adoration/XLT
- Coordinating contact/activities with Women and Men Religious Vocation Directors
- Coordinating Catholic School visitations and Junior Retreats
- Establishing working relationships with parish youth minsters, directors of religious education, and parish staff.
- Managing social media and communication platforms for the Diocesan Vocation Office.
- Coordinating seminarian involvement in vocation promotion initiatives.
- Collaborating with the Diocesan Office for Parish Life on relevant youth and young adult programming such as:
- Theology on Tap
- Young Adult Retreats
- Young Adult Bible Studies
- NCYC/World Youth Day
- Bachelors’ Degree; degree in Theology preferred
- Previous student, volunteer, or professional ministry experience
- Willingness to develop adaptable and creative ministry skills.
- Interpersonal communications skills, and organizational and strategic planning skills
- The ability to function as part of a team, meet deadlines and set and accomplish goals
- Demonstrated computer skills with social media management experience
- Some travel, night, and weekend work required
- Candidate must be a practicing Catholic with demonstrated understanding of fundamental Catholic traditions.
Interested applicants are asked to send a cover letter with salary requirement and a complete résumé with references by October 14, 2022 to:
Diocesan Secretary of Human Resources
300 Wyoming Avenue, Scranton PA 18503
To apply for this job email your details to James-Burke@dioceseofscranton.org