Diocese of Scranton
- Responsible for Finance Office monthly and yearly close, focusing on improvement of processes including monthly reporting, timeliness and efficiency.
- Manage and conduct Internal Control Review Program for Parishes, Schools and other Diocesan Institutions, updating audit procedures, as needed. Maintain list of current and upcoming audits, identify high-risk parishes, if any. Develop master multi-year schedule of audits.
- Manage the Shared Resources Accounting Program, including the on-boarding and maintenance of new parishes/ministries and the implementation of standard operating procedures and monthly/annual reporting package.
- Develop relationships with pastors, parish life coordinators and parish staff to provide guidance relevant to financial issues as requested. Provide ongoing training to parish for continued development. Help new parish employees, as needed.
- Help develop and implement an internal control review program for Diocesan Administrative Offices, Catholic Social Services, the Catholic Youth Center and Catholic Social Services in conjunction with CFO.
- Document procedures followed for all essential tasks performed in Diocesan Finance Office.
- Responsible for audit coordination with external auditors.
- Assist in oversight role with Catholic Youth Center, Catholic Social Services and Diocese of Scranton Schools Office financial reporting, as needed.
- Monitor investment returns, working with the Diocesan Institute investment and Loan Committee and Director insure that all funds are invested to earn maximum returns in relationship to investment policies and current loans are being properly serviced.
- Assist with the development of Administrative Offices, Diocesan Cemeteries and Diocesan Institute budgets and provide accounting and finance support to internal customers
- Attend/prepare minutes for the following meetings:
Diocesan Finance Council
Diocesan Institute Board of Directors
Diocesan Institute Investment Committee
- Carry out accounting and other duties related to Finance Department operations as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic Church’s mission, vision and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration; C.P.A preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Controller or Senior Manager in public accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter with salary history and a complete resume with a minimum of three (3) references by January 27, 2023 to:
Diocesan Secretary for Human Resources
300 Wyoming Avenue, Scranton Pa. 18503
Or email Jim-Burke@dioceseofscranton.org
To apply for this job email your details to James-Burke@dioceseofscranton.org